In the fast-paced landscape of technological advancement, the race towards the future of wireless networks, particularly 6G, is gaining momentum. Our recent webinar gathered industry trailblazers for a interesting panel discussion “Trustworthy AI-driven 6G Network Operation for Improved Application Performance” Let’s unpack the crucial takeaways from this enlightening session.
One major obstacle in bringing 6G technologies to the market lies in the significant gap that exists between certain entities willing to discuss deployment and the standards being applied. The commercial mainstream, spectrum licensing, and discussions come later, creating a substantial time lag. Proper planning and collaboration are essential to bridging this gap and ensuring readiness at the right moment.
Another noteworthy gap emerges in terms of the skills possessed by developers and engineers involved in 6G development. The risk of unaccountability looms large when the workforce lacks the necessary skills. A collective effort is needed to equip professionals with the knowledge required to navigate the complexities of 6G technology responsibly.
Key takeaways for rapid adoption of the cutting-edge technologies
- Quick Standardisation and Large-Scale Deployment
- Making Provable What the End Models Can Do
- Collaborative Partnerships
Our webinar provided a deep dive into the challenges and opportunities surrounding 6G technologies, emphasizing collaboration, skill development, and proactive standardisation as key drivers for a seamless transition.
A special thank you to our panellist who were part of this session:
- Ignacio Lacalle Úbeda – Researcher at Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV)
- George makropoulos – R&D Telecom Engineer at NCSR “DEMOKRITOS”
- Claudio Fiandrino – postdoctoral researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute
- Moderator: Maria S. – Tech & Industry Ecosystems, Angel Investor
See the highlights of this session here: