As technology propels us into the future, the development of wireless networks, particularly 6G, is a focal point of innovation. Our recent webinar brought together leading experts in the field for a dynamic panel discussion titled “Shaping the Future: Creating Global Standards for Tomorrow’s Wireless Networks.” Let’s delve into the key takeaways from this insightful session.
The panel explored how Europe’s cutting-edge research and innovation in low-power communication network technologies, including Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS), quantum communication, and artificial intelligence, are influencing and setting the pace for global standardization efforts.
According to the experts, the key ingredients for successful international collaboration on 6G standards as a crucial precondition for widespread market adoption are:
- Find the keyword use case.
- Open experimentation.
- Making the level playing field for spectrum.
The future of wireless networks is being charted by collaborative efforts and global standards. This webinar panel provided a platform for experts to share their knowledge and vision, offering valuable insights that will shape the trajectory of 6G networks worldwide.
A special thank you to our panellist who were part of this session:
- Carlos Pedraz Rodríguez – Head of Business Development at Global Certification Forum (GCF)
- Rute C. Sofia – Head of Competence Field at fortiss
- Mays AL-Naday – Senior Lecturer at University of Essex
- Moderator: Tanya Suarez– CEO at BluSpecs
See the highlights of this session here: